After a tiring day at work, don’t you just love it when you can get a massage? Laying down and having someone sooth those tired and aching muscles seems like the best way to end the day, right?
Unfortunately, we cannot always do this and we cannot always find the time to go to an actual massage parlor or salon to give ourselves some quality R and R.
We often find ourselves trapped in our daily routines, meetings and extra work that fixing time to pamper ourselves with a simple massage seemed impossible to do! But this doesn’t have to be the case; in fact, you can do something about it. How you ask?
The solution is quite simple, all you have to do is find the best massage chairs in town and you can have the daily massage you need right within your own home every day! Sounds great, right?
If you believe that you can get the massage you need then all you have to do is find out what are the best brands to purchase your massage chair from.
Health Benefits You Can Get from Massage Chairs
A lot of you may be wondering if massage chairs can indeed provide you with health benefits. The answer to that is yes, massage chairs can help you in many ways. Want to know what they are? Here are the top 6 reasons that chair massage benefits you:
- They help in boosting your energy – it is true, massage chairs help you by rejuvenating your energy and increase your energy to do more work in school or office. This is because massage chairs help in rolling, stretching and loosening the muscles in your body giving you the relaxation you need the most.
- It relieves pain and tension in the muscles – massage chairs is one of the best tools you can use to relieve back pains. If you are suffering from this condition then this is the best chair to sit on. Massage chairs are designed to support your back fully which is great in relieving back pains from constant sitting or working while sitting down. It can also pinpoint the different stress points of your muscles which are important in relieving your back pain.
- It promotes blood circulation – massaging your body helps in the proper blood circulation. Massage chairs help in correcting the blood flow in your body starting from the bottom part of your skull until the tips of your toes. When blood circulation is correct, harmful toxins found in your blood, organs and tissues is then excreted from the body. Proper blood circulation also helps the muscles in absorbing nutrients well. It also helps prevent edema or fluid accumulation in the tissues.
- It helps relieve any emotional stress – while this may sound impossible but massages promote relaxation. When you are relaxed, stress is relieved. As you know, stress is the number one cause of depression and anxiety which can lead to fatigue and heart conditions. However if you are getting regular massages, the stress you are experiencing is then reduced. Massage chairs are also known for helping improve headaches as well as sleeping disorders.
- It corrects your posture – if you have bad posture then getting the best massage chair is recommended. This is because massage chairs help in correcting your posture. Massages help in relaxing your back muscles. When they are relax, stiff muscles are corrected and your spine is aligned correctly.
- Massage chairs help in lowering lactic acid in the muscles – when you are exercising, muscles produce more lactic acid that is why it is important to increase the blood flow in your muscles so that this lactic acid is excreted. Proper blood flow can help improve your performance and massage chairs can definitely help you with that.
Now aren’t these great reasons to get a massage chair? If you are planning to buy one then you don’t need to look further. In this article, we will talk about the top massage chairs that you can choose from and see if it fits your needs. Here’s our top pick:
The Best Massage Chairs & Reviews
- Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner w/Heat Stretched Foot Rest 06C – built to help you relieve stress, this massage chair is among the favorites of many customers. It’s made from sturdy materials, update design, features and functions; this massage chair is definitely made for your own benefit.
- The Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair is designed with air bags that are built in heat intelligent roller system. When in use, the massage chair follows the shape and contour of your back which makes it even more comfortable to sit on.
- It targets the “tsubo points” on your neck so you can enjoy the time you spent in this chair.
- It contains the Lower Back Range and Ultra Long Range massaging rollers – these allows the rollers to reach as high as your neck area and as low as your tailbone sections.
- It is designed with Fatigue Relieving Air Massage – 20 of these air bags are basically located at the lower part of your body which provides needed massage to the legs, feet and thighs.
- It also has Adjustable Air Massage features – this feature can be controlled by a remote control panel that you can easily access to. It offers multiple options for the intensity of the massage that you want.
- This massage chair can also be placed on recline and raised position.
- It’s easy to use
- It’s affordable (sometimes sold with discounts depending on the company)
- It has a one year warranty for the parts and labor repairs
- It’s made in China so you might have some issues along the way
- It’s about 300 lbs. in weight which is a bit heavy to lift or push around
ideal massage Full Featured Shiatsu Chair with Built in Heat Zero Gravity Positioning Deep Tissue Massage
– are you looking for a massage chair that works extra hard in comparison to other regular massage chairs? If you are then this is the product you should get your hands on. Luxury and relaxation screams everything in this massage chair so if you are on the hunt for one this year then this is the best deal you can find. Here’s why we think you should get this chair.
- Provides you with therapeutic massage from top to bottom with different massage options to choose from. You can click on it to move up and down as well as a fixed-point of revolving fingers just the way you would like your personal masseuse to touch your body during a massage section. There is also a kneading option to choose from if you want to get rid o your muscle pain. The Shiatsu massage option is there to provide you a relaxing massage on as well to release and relax your tensed muscles.
- The seats vibrate as well so that even while sitting, your buttocks as well as the back of each leg are massaged thoroughly.
- The massage chair is under a three-year warranty for the body and steel frame. The electronic parts are also given a three years’ worth of warranty as well.
- It provides you with a relaxing massage any time of the day.
- It is under three year’s warranty which is a good deal to have.
- There is a 10 day return policy for the chair which starts on the day you have purchased or received the product.
- A customer representative is always ready to assist you with your inquiries and concerns regarding their product.
- It’s sold at an affordable price.
- It is recommended by plenty of users.
- If you have any underlying conditions that do not allow you to get a massage or use a massage chair, it is best to contact your physician first before even thinking of trying this product.
Space-Saving Zero-Gravity Full-Body Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner LM6800 with yoga & heating therapy
Do you love the idea of coming home to a massage chair that is not only great for massages but relaxation in general? If you do then this massage chair is a great appliance to have. We all have that moment when all we want to do is sit in a chair, have a massage and go straight to sleep. Now you can absolutely do that with the Kahuna Massage Chair as it offers every user a unique experience in terms of relaxation. All you need to do is sit back, click on the massage option or position that you want, relax and doze off. Let this machine do the work as you enjoy a nice massage that will surely energize you!
- It is designed with an L-Track massage system that allows you to choose the kind of massage you want.
- It has 2 stages of zero gravity that you can position.
- The computer body scan technology designed in this chair is very helpful in detecting the body part that needs massage the most.
- It also has an air massage technology.
- It is designed with an auto yoga program and dual foot rollers.
- It is also easy to keep as it is designed with space saving technology so you know for certain that you can save space within your home even when this chair is displayed.
- It is under a warranty for three years.
- It is designed for medical uses.
- It has warranty on parts, labor and frameworks.
- Customers are not allowed to pay the first year for the parts and labor costs however they are required to pay on the second year of their warranty.
- It’s sold at a reasonable price.
- It’s easy to store and keep.
- The foot rollers are detachable and can be washed for sanitary uses.
- The warranty is non-transferrable.
- This massage chair is for residential use only.
Osaki OS-4000 Zero Gravity Executive Fully Body Massage Chair, Black
Not all massage chairs are created equal. Some may look plain and boring while there are others that stand out. Now if you are looking for the massage chair of the future then this is it, the Osaki OS-4000 massage chair is nothing but elegance and precision. If you want a hard working massage chair but classy-looking at the same time then this is worth every penny. I am not surprised that plenty of people are recommending this chair.
- This massage chair is made from synthetic leather.
- It is designed with S-track which is a smart massage robot that specializes in massage around the shoulder, neck and lumbar area of the body.
- It can detect your body curve so it can adjust properly to deliver the best massage experience.
- It has 6 auto-programs that you can choose from so you can truly enjoy the massaging experience once you take a sit in this chair.
- There are also three options for the manual massage: full, partial and fixed massage.
- This chair is designed with 6 massage styles that will suit your liking. Not only that, you also have 5 levels of intensity and speed so you can choose how hard or fast you want your massage to be.
- It also has three options for the width setting that can be adjusted as well as air pressure for your lower body.
- The timer has a 5-30 options to choose from as well as a wireless small controller that you can use easily.
- The massage chair comes with an LCD display too so you can monitor your progress and minutes used while massaging.
- It’s built pretty large so you can easily rest.
- It can deliver great massaging performance.
- It’s sold at a reasonable price.
- It’s made to last a long period of time.
- It’s comfortable to use.
- It’s a bit expensive than your regular massage chair with price ranging from $2,000 to $5,000.
- Many users complain that their calves are being squeezed a bit hard by this machine.
RELAXONCHAIR [MK-II PLUS] Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair with Built-In Heat and Air Massage System – Chocolate
– are you a fan of massage chairs that can give you the best Shiatsu massages? If you are then this is the right kind of massage chair to purchase! This wonderful chair is specifically designed to cater to your needs and here’s why.
- It comes with a 110-120V.
- It’s 65 x 30 x 40 inches in dimension with 183 pound net weight.
- Foot massager needs to be assembled before using.
- The chair is under a three year warranty.
- The price may range around $1,000 – $2,000.
- It is covered under a warranty.
- It’s the perfect sized-chair for your needs.
- It has three years warranty.
- The warranty is non-transferrable.
- The coverage for parts and frames is only good for one year.
- For residential use only. If the chair is used for commercial purposes, the warranty is then voided.
- Customers should pay for the shipping fees for its repair.
So while these are interesting products to choose from, it is important to know how massage chairs work first. How do massage chairs work anyway?
For many years, the massage chairs have been used as a quick way to relieve stress and tension from our aching bodies. In the United States, these gadgets range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars but because of the increasing demands, plenty of companies came up with the idea of creating massage chairs that are affordable to consumers. Now before you buy a massage chair, you need to understand how they work. By doing so, you will appreciate this piece of equipment even better.
How Massage Chairs Work Its Magic
Massage chairs are made with devices inside them that provide the best soothing feeling to the user. These devices are designed to meet the different needs of the person using while others are designed to provide the user with a massage experience similar to that given by an actual massage therapist. Some massage chairs are designed to vibrate while this is a good option for a massage chair; this is only a basic feature. These days, most massage chairs are designed with different options in terms of massages. There are even chairs that make use of water as massage therapy while there are those that make use of airbags. But the question remains, how does a massage chair actually work?
When you use a massage chair, the mechanisms designed within it act like human hands just like a real person would apply massage on you. They move in according to the body’s structure, paying attention to the areas that needs massage the most. Some massage chairs are more complex than others as they have rollers mounted on the arms of the chair that can go left, right or all around. This motion creates a movement close to real hands. This goes the same with the other rollers installed in the chair so you can get the massage you need to relax and be relieved from stress.
Now before you decide to buy one, think about it first. Sure you now know how massage chairs work but you must also remember that you cannot just buy the next massage chair that you see. In fact, you need to know how to choose the best massage chair in the market so you don’t end up wasting money.
How to Choose the Best Massage Chair
Choosing a massage chair requires no standards actually because each of us has specific needs. We also have different tastes and preferences and so choosing the best massage chair is according to how you like the way it works but if you want general guidelines when it comes to selecting the best chair then you need to remember these:
- Consider the comfort that the massage chair gives you – this means you have to sit on the chair get the first-hand experience. You need to check out how comfortable you are when sitting and how it feels when you are being massaged. Department stores usually provide a demonstration of these massage chairs so you know how it feels before actually buying one that you can use. Check if the chair you like can provide you with the best massage and if it follows the contour of your body then even better.
- Consider the intensity and strength of the massage it provides – since we are talking about massages, it is best that you also check out how strong the massage chair is. This means you have to check its intensity. If you can, look for a massage chair that can provide you with various options when it comes to the intensity level of the massage it provides.
- Consider the adjustability of the massage chair – don’t buy any massage chair that cannot be adjusted. Always pick a massage chair that has a wide range of adjustability so you can enjoy your time spent using it. A massage chair that allows a reclining position is always a good thing to buy.
- Consider the massage chair’s accessories – a massage chair should come with accessories. Some come with an ottoman or leg-rest that is separated or extends out of the chair. There are also leg rests that vibrate so if you can, make sure that the massage chair you pick has the right accessories.
- Consider how the chair looks like – if you think all massage chairs are created the same, think again. There are plenty of sizes for people of many height, built and weight. You must find a chair that suits your physical built too. Massage chairs come in all shapes and sizes. Some are made with real or synthetic leather while others are made of polished wood or plastic. There are also massage chairs that are made with the mixture of all materials. However you want your massage chairs to look like, make sure that it is generally pleasing to you.
- Consider the brand or company – these days there are plenty of companies making massage chairs but not a lot of them have the experience. If you want to buy a reliable massage chair then look into the company or brand that made them. The positive feedback from clients will always tell you that their products are the best.
- Consider the price – the last and most important thing to consider when buying a massage chair is the price. While some chairs look great, some of them can be very expensive. The price of an ideal massage chair should always fall into a category that will suit your budget best. If the chair is made by a well-known brand and can deliver great massage then this is something you should think about before making your purchase.
As I have mentioned, massage chairs come in many various shapes and sizes. They are designed according to your needs and are priced depending on the features that they came with. If you are still unsure about the kind of massage chair brands to get then you can always check out these top massage chair products and narrow down your search:
Top Massage Chairs Under $2,000
- BestMassage BM-EC06C
- Human Touch iJoy-2580
- Panasonic EP1285KL
Top Massage Chairs Under $5,000
- Human Touch iJoy-2580
- Panasonic EP30007
- Beautyhealth BC-07D
- Osaki OS-4000
If you want to feel relaxed after a long day’s work then having an available massage chair is always a great thing to come home to. However, I highly recommend that you read about the massage chair that you like first. If you are confused about what to get, just remember these three important things: the type of massage you want, the price and the makers of the chair. This way it will be a lot easier for you to determine the chair you want to purchase.
In case you have no idea how to buy one, ask your relatives or a friend who already owns one. A recommended brand is always a good thing to consider. I also recommend that you read massage chair reviews from customers and see which chair gave them a positive experience. See if the chair they recommend is something you would like to have as well. Of course, it pays to read and do research before anything else. Keep in mind that these massage chairs don’t come cheap so it is best to do your homework before buying one so you don’t end up wasting money on something you won’t enjoy using in the long run. Makes sense, right? Good luck!